This year's theme is Disney Villains, although I may throw in some other random characters here and there. I will not make promises about how many videos I'll upload this year, or about what I'll upload, but I do have intentions to upload a good handful.
This video came to culmination when I looked up some Disney Villains online and saw Jafar's face pop up in one of them. While it would have been an interesting look for certain, it was not what I wanted to do. However, because of my great love for this chameleon villain, I couldn't let him sneak away without some makeup artistry. I remembered his 30-second appearance at the end of the film where he had transformed into the evil red genie. I had an AHA moment: to create the red evil genie look...
And here it is!
I hope you guys enjoy it! I'm sorry for the creepy voice, but I couldn't do Jafar justice with my naturally soft and gentle voice. ;-)
For costume ideas:
- Find a red turtle-neck or long-sleeved t-shirt for the body OR
- Go to a shirt printing shop and order a long-sleeved red t-shirt with a muscular six-pack printed on the front. While cheesy, it would emulate the scary giant body-builder genie easily.
- Red sweat pants that are gathered around the ankle.
- For the hair, if you don't have naturally dark hair, use a coloring spray or a wig. Throw it up in a high pony tail. To add his crazy volume and standing powers, use some dry shampoo on the ends, back comb (carefully) the ends towards the tie, and spritz with hair spray. Extra points if you use a gold hair tie.
- Use gold cloth to create the gold cufflink or wrist bands that he has (I didn't have any at the time of filming, unfortunately).
- For the goatee, while you can draw on much of it, it really adds to the look if you can glue on some fake hair like I did. I trimmed the end of a black wig to create this realistic goatee.
- Obviously, my teeth aren't yellow, nor do I have fangs, but if you really want to add some authenticity to your look, invest in some incisor fangs and buy some yellow teeth paint. You can find them at any costume store, especially around Halloween. I'm sure that your local Spirit Store will have something.
- And, finally, I recommend painting your finger nails black. This is such an easy detail, but it would really add to the look.
Temptu Base Primer
Mehron Paradise Palette in Basic Colors (red)
Jordana Fabuliner in Black
Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Corrupt (matte black)
Kryolan Iridescent Color Palette (gold cream shadow)
Nyx Eyeshadow in STFU (matte yellow)
Red & Plum shadows from old discontinued palette, quite possibly from Profusion (I got it at Ross a long time ago)
BH Cosmetics Party Girl Palette (matte red)
Unknown Name - Max Factor lipstick
Duo Lash Glue (dark one) for gluing on beard
Beard came from trimming a black wig
I hope you guys have a wonderful day! Much love to you,